Laptop Loan Policies
The CSU Library offers a computer laptop checkout service to CSU students. The library owns 10 Dell Latitude 6420 laptops with Microsoft Office 2016 software pre-loaded on each computer. A laptop in this document refers to a laptop package that includes a Dell Latitude 6420 laptop, a power cord, a mouse, and a carrying case.
- Currently enrolled students must present a valid CSU student ID card at the Circulation Desk to check out a Dell laptop.
- CSU Students with overdue books or fines are ineligible to check out a Dell laptop.
- Student must complete a Dell Laptop Loan Agreement form available at the Circulation Desk accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the Dell laptop or accessories.
- A student may check out one Dell laptop for their individual use.
- The loan period is three (3) hours with one renewal.
- The Dell laptop must be returned to a Library employee at the Circulation Desk. Under no circumstances should a student leave the Dell laptop unattended. The Library will NOT be responsible for a lost or stolen Dell laptop left at the Circulation Desk before it is checked in.
- Student may not delete or copy or load any software on the Dell laptop. Files on the Dell laptop will be deleted by Deep Freeze each time the Dell laptop is powered off.
- The Dell laptop will be late if not returned on or by due date and time. A fine of $1.00 per hour will be charged.
- If the Dell laptop is not returned within 48 hours of the due date and time, the Dell laptop & accessories will be presumed lost. The student’s library privileges will be suspended and the student will be charged the full replacement cost of $750.00 for the Dell laptop and accessories plus a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee and the maximum fine.
- Any missing, damaged or lost Dell laptop accessories will be billed to student’s library account and the account will be blocked.
- The Library will make all purchases of replacement equipment or parts.
- Printing IS NOT available from the Dell laptop. Data should be saved to a flash/thumb drive or emailed as an attachment.